Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have "always wanted" another child and are hoping for a little girl this time around.
Five fun and free activities for the whole family
Many families, in a bid to save money consciously, agree to spend quality time together with essentially no spending required. Such families may choose to do these activities during the week, but most of them, because of the time convenience, choose to do these activities on the weekend. Either way, these activities are fun and, of course, free activities that the whole family can enjoy!
- Nature Walks: There are countless State Parks that offer free entry and a whole area for taking a quick or a leisurely stroll through well-landscaped parks. Take a picnic lunch and a camera. Walking or hiking can be done at any age and enjoyed by all because it involves nature – taking in all the sights, smells and sounds of nature together with the whole family can be an exhilarating.
- Visit the beach: Is there a better way to spend a hot sunny day than at the beach, near the cool waters. The whole family can have a sandcastle-building contest or have a go at beach volleyball. Bring a lunch and lots to drink. Whatever activity you choose, even if it means just relaxing and watching the kids play, it is bound to be a fun day for all.
- Movie Making: For those families who have their creative juices flowing can come together, decide on the storyline and dialogues. Assign a cameraman and shoot a movie!
- Volunteer Together: In this day and age, the act of volunteering as a family is an excellent way to teach children the value and the joy of giving your time and service to others. You can either spend this time doing chores for the elderly, help clean or serve at a soup kitchen, or volunteer to sort food at a food bank.
- Bake! Does everyone have the munchies? Look at recipes together and find the ingredients in the kitchen. Get everyone to do something related to baking. It will be a family activity that even the youngest can participate and have fun.